The Hill reports that David L. Cohen, Comcast’s executive vice president, is meeting today with Joe Biden’s gun violence task force. Also expected at the meeting: Other cable, television, and movie executives—though Cohen is singled out in The Hill’s report. “The entertainment and video-game industries have come under scrutiny since the shooting and lawmakers have suggested that violent entertainment content contributes to aggressive behavior,” The Hill reports. “Biden is also meeting with representatives from the video-game industry this week.” [The Hill]
- News: Proclamation Naming Official State Gun Riddled With Errors
- News: 77-Year-Old Man Robbed In Center City
- News: 2 Suspects in Carjacking, Fatal Crash Denied Bail
- News: Accused Carjacker Occupation on Facebook: “Former Contract Killer”
- News: Carjacking Suspects Charged With Rape and Murder
- News: “Hundreds” of U-Delaware Women Recorded in Bathrooms
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.