The Hill reports that David L. Cohen, Comcast’s executive vice president, is meeting today with Joe Biden’s gun violence task force. Also expected at the meeting: Other cable, television, and movie executives—though Cohen is singled out in The Hill’s report. “The entertainment and video-game industries have come under scrutiny since the shooting and lawmakers have suggested that violent entertainment content contributes to aggressive behavior,” The Hill reports. “Biden is also meeting with representatives from the video-game industry this week.” [The Hill]
- News: Mom Testifies About Abduction of Daughter From Philly School
- News: Former Aide to Chaka Fattah Admits Role in Diverting Campaign Funds
- News: Your Kids Can Shoot an Uzi Right Here in Pennsylvania
- News: Fishtown Food Distribution Center Robbed Overnight
- News: UPDATE: Stabbed Man, Two Bodies Found Along Kelly Drive
- News: Comcast: Merger Won’t Be Complete Until 2015
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.