A lethal combination of mediocrity and steroid-tainted candidacies has produced a once-in-a-generation-event: nobody was elected to Cooperstown this year. Coming closest to the 75% vote threshold were Craig Biggio, Jack Morris, and Jeff Bagwell. Yeesh. Not much Phillies connection in there for y’all, though blowhard failed entrepreneur Curt Schilling received about half the votes necessary in his first ever bid. The most notable aspect of this year’s ballot was the first-ever inclusion of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, who absent the steroid suspicion that engulfed their legacies, clearly would have gained the necessary votes. Piazza, the best-hitting catcher of all time, also probably missed the Hall this year because of PED suspicion. [BBWAA]
- News: Hamels: “You Have to Know When to Start Over”
- Property: Former Philadelphian Breaks Record in Clearwater
- News: Does Ruben Amaro Have a Plan for the Phillies?
- Articles: Heidi Hamels Is More Than Just Mrs. Cole Hamels
- News: The Phillies Just Signed a Guy Married to a Playboy Model
- News: Phillies Just Got Older, Druggier