Here’s the cool thing: On Tuesday morning, a Seaside Heights man took his boat out to the roller coaster that got swept to sea last fall by Hurricane Sandy, climbed the coaster, and raised an American flag at the top. It’s frankly the kind of thing that makes us proud to be Americans. Less cool? The U.S. Coast Guard intervened and ended up putting the man in police custody. An outrage! A real patriot would take the “Jersey Shore Forevah!” side of things every time. [CBS Philly]
- News: Lions Fan Says He Was Beaten After Eagles Game
- News: New Jersey’s Other Hot Single U.S. Senator Gets Engaged
- News: Is it Wrong to Pay Alcoholics With Beer?
- News: NBC 10 Sends Weekend’s Most Inappropriate Weather-Related Tweet
- News: Science: It’s Not the Thought That Counts
- News: NJ Confirms First Death From Rare Tick-Borne Illness