Telling a caller that no one had proposed the idea to him before, Gov. Tom Corbett said in a Friday radio appearance that he would consider limiting gun shows on public properties in Pennsylvania (where long gun purchasers can buy weapons sans background check). A few hours later, his spokeswoman took it all back, saying “there would be no reason to ban (gun shows)” as they are “legitimate business owners conducting business.” Nothing like a few hours of political calculation to undo a moment of refreshing candor. [Philly.com]
- News: Corbett Asks Obama Admin to Approve Non-Obamacare Plan
- News: Is Tom Corbett Too Vulnerable?
- News: 7 Reasons Corbett’s Gas Tax is a GOP Disaster
- News: Tom Corbett: Milquetoast Conservative, Atrocious Politician
- News: Philly Becomes First City to Ban 3-D Gun Printing
- News: SEPTA Funding Is Coming, Baby!