Lawrence Ordone lost his job, but he kept his honor. When asked by a customer to make him a steak sandwich with American cheese, onion, and ketchup, Subway sandwich creator Ordone flat-out refused. “He wants ketchup on the Philly cheese steak and I have never put — we don’t even have ketchup at Subway — I’ve never put ketchup on anybody’s sandwich.” Then, he self-admittedly “flew off the handle,” challenged the customer to a fight, and told him to “go buy your own ketchup.” Hey Lawrence, if you need work, Geno’s is always looking for employees to berate customers who don’t know how to order. [Gawker]
- Foobooz: Cheesesteak Tasting at Jake’s Sandwich Board
- Be Well Philly: 11 Healthier Sandwiches You Can Feel Good About Eating
- Foobooz: Are These The 5 Best Cheesesteaks In West Philly?
- Foobooz: Tale of the Tape: A Cheesesteak from SPOT
- Foobooz: New Cheesesteak Record Set at Jim’s Steaks
- Foobooz: A Healthy(er) Cheesesteak At Geno’s