Tory Burch, dearly departed pride of the Main Line, and fashion designer of choice for aspiring billionaire women, is leaving her base clientele behind. This March, Burch will land on the Forbes 2013 Billionaire list, making her the second-youngest woman ever to do so, behind the founder of Spanx (Spanx!). Gentlemen, if you don’t recognize her name, you’ll recognize her most famous product–the UGGS of ballet flats. She owes her newfound status to the legal agreement handed down on Jan. 1 to settle a longstanding dispute with her ex-husband, whom she accused of ripping off her brand. Following that settlement, Chris Burch sold off most of his 28% stake in the company, which ended up pushing Tory’s share, valued at $919 million, past the billion mark. [Forbes]
- News: Four Plead Guilty in Main Line Drug Ring Case
- Articles: The Fall of the Main Line Drug Ring
- Property: Is This a Hecto-Oxagonal-Geodesical-Solaris Home?
- Property: The Main Line Is Getting New Projects
- Foobooz: Suburban Eats: Lobster Dinner at Susanna Foo
- Property: Wynnewood: Seventh “Hottest Suburb” In the Country
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.