Andy Reid is officially a Kansas City Chief. (Reid, like Crennel before him, is a large, expressionless man, who hasn’t been very good for several years now. Actually, Crennel was never good, so this is definitely an improvement for KC.) Meanwhile, “outspoken” (polite for “frequently offensive,” in sports media lingo) sports columnist Jason Whitlock is apoplectic that Reid is being taken seriously by NFL teams. “We’re all pretending Reid is Don Shula coming off the ’72 season, but there’s plenty of proof Reid went crazy in Philly,” wrote Whitlock, a former Kansas City Star scribe. “The Eagles spent millions of dollars building a dream team, and Reid turned his defense over to an offensive-line coach on a whim. This is like getting a date with Beyonce and consulting with Ike Turner on how to romance her.” [Fox Sports]
- Foobooz: LeSean McCoy Just Left a 20-Cent Tip at PYT
- Foobooz: Do Something Different for the Eagles Game
- News: 3 Observations About Eagles Fans (From a Non-Eagles Fan)
- News: And in the Second Round, Buzz Bissinger Selects Nick Foles
- Shoppist: Um, Guys? Eagles Player Brent Celek Has a New Lifestyle Brand
- Ticket: Behind the Scenes of Bradley Cooper’s #FlyEaglesFly Video
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.