Andy Reid is officially a Kansas City Chief. (Reid, like Crennel before him, is a large, expressionless man, who hasn’t been very good for several years now. Actually, Crennel was never good, so this is definitely an improvement for KC.) Meanwhile, “outspoken” (polite for “frequently offensive,” in sports media lingo) sports columnist Jason Whitlock is apoplectic that Reid is being taken seriously by NFL teams. “We’re all pretending Reid is Don Shula coming off the ’72 season, but there’s plenty of proof Reid went crazy in Philly,” wrote Whitlock, a former Kansas City Star scribe. “The Eagles spent millions of dollars building a dream team, and Reid turned his defense over to an offensive-line coach on a whim. This is like getting a date with Beyonce and consulting with Ike Turner on how to romance her.” [Fox Sports]
- News: WATCH: Maclin’s Gatorade Crash Echoed Play 23 Years Ago
- News: Philly’s 10 Best Pro Athletes on Twitter
- News: Chip Kelly Isn’t Leaving the Eagles
- News: Like It or Not, Foles Is the QB of the Future
- Birds 24/7: Eagle Outlook: Games To Watch
- News: 2014 Eagles Team Photo Placed in Philadelphia Art Museum
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.