The New York Times’ travel section offers readers guides to all the cool places to visit in all the most exotic parts of the planet. So naturally, the folks in Manhattan are now offering a guide on how to spend 36 hours right here in Philadelphia. Its recommendations? Sleep over at the Alexander Inn, grab chicken and donuts at Federal Donuts, have a nice libation at Johnny Brenda’s, and take a tour of the new Barnes. There are a number of other recommendations, but they boil down to this: Do what PhillyMag has been telling you to do for years. [New York Times]
- G Philly: Get Married at a Buddhist Temple in Japan
- News: WATCH: Can’t a Hawk Just Eat His Breakfast in Peace?
- News: Why Do We Adore the Word Philadelphia?
- Shoppist: 5 Cozy, Luxe Log Cabins For a Winter Getaway
- Be Well Philly: The Terrifying Truth About Germs in Airplane Bathrooms
- News: Mummer, Daughter Accused of Attacking Homeless Man
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.