“Bieber Fever” has apparently claimed its first fatality—photographer Chris Guerra was killed New Year’s Day in a traffic accident that took place while he was tailing Bieber’s Ferrari. The car—which was being driven by Bieber friend Lil Twist—had been pulled over by the California Highway Patrol, and Guerra exited his car to take pictures of the encounter; he was struck by an SUV after being warned by officers to return to his own vehicle. Bieber said the incident should lead to new legislation to protect celebrities from stalking photographers. “While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim,” he said in a statement. “Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves.” Meanwhile, fellow young celebrity Miley Cyrus is coming to Bieber’s defense, challenging E! to stop using paparrazzi photos in its coverage. “The chaos that comes with the paparazzi acting like fools makes it impossible for anyone to make safe choices,” she Tweeted. [Daily Mail]
- News: Philly Needs an All-Chanukah Radio Station
- News: Bruce’s Original “Born to Run” Manuscript on Sale Today
- News: Will We Ever Stop Buying What Disney’s Peddling?
- G Philly: LISTEN: Awesome Mashup of 2013 Pop Hits
- G Philly: ALBUM REVIEW: Britney’s Latest is Terrible
- News: WATCH: This Is the Most Sincere, Un-Ironic Ode to Philadelphia You Will Ever See