Who exactly remains in the John Boehner fan club? It can’t be Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, whom Boehner last week told to “go f–k himself” during tense fiscal cliff negotiations. It’s probably not President Obama. And it’s probably not his erstwhile deputy, Eric Cantor, who all-but-openly lusts for Boehner’s job as House Speaker. It might not even be most Republicans in Congress, given how they voted against the fiscal cliff deals that Boehner brought to them last week. Despite all that, though, Boehner was re-elected by his peers as the Speaker of the House. We don’t understand it, either. [New York Times]
- News: It Happened: A Good Guy With a Gun Stopped a Bad Guy With a Gun
- News: PHOTOS: Gaza Protests at Love Park
- News: Accident Snarls Ben Franklin Bridge, Center City Traffic
- News: 10 Stupid Internet News Stories I Keep Reading
- News: Bucks Co. Coroner Explains Why Corpse Fell Out of Truck
- News: Accused Philly Rep Misses Court Date
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.