Give Chris Christie credit: When he gets mad, people take notice. In this case, “people” means “leaders of Congress,” who have decided to start voting on Hurricane Sandy relief bills on Friday—two days after Christie chastised House Speaker John Boehner, a fellow Republican, for failing to bring the bill to the floor for a vote. “America deserves better than another example of a government that has forgotten who they are there to serve and why,” Christie Tweeted on Wednesday. Now a vote for $9 billion in food aid is scheduled for Friday, with a vote on an additional $51 billion in assistance scheduled for Jan. 15. The lesson? Don’t make Chris Christie angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry. [CNN]
- News: Firm That Cleared Christie Made Curious Donation
- News: Once-Key Christie Allies Backing Bush?
- News: Chris Christie Aides Head to New Hampshire
- News: Poll: Jersey Voters Skeptical of Christie Vindication
- News: Our Five Favorite Parts of the Chris Christie New Yorker Profile
- News: When Joy Behar Called Chris Christie “Toast”