Eric Early—the younger of two brothers charged in the mid-December shooting of a Bulls fan at SEPTA’s 46th-and-Market station—has been cleared of all charges in the incident, prosecutors said Thursday. “Further review of all evidence now available to the Commonwealth suggests that Eric Early played no role in the shooting on the Market-Frankford el or in a conspiracy to commit a shooting,” a prosecutor said in court. The 16-year-old goes free; his 18-year-old brother, Matthew, faces a preliminary hearing next month on charges he shot and injured two SEPTA passengers during the incident. [CBS Philly]
- News: The Outrage Meter: Gay Bashing, Papelbon, Wawa
- News: Anti-Islamic Bus Ads Coming Soon to SEPTA
- News: Pa. Trooper Shooting Suspect Added to Most Wanted List
- News: State Trooper’s Funeral Held; Cops Hunt for Suspect
- News: Murder Defendant Wears ‘Crime Pays’ Shirt to Court
- G Philly: Brian Sims: I Will Bring the Victims to Harrisburg to Change the Law
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.