Eric Early—the younger of two brothers charged in the mid-December shooting of a Bulls fan at SEPTA’s 46th-and-Market station—has been cleared of all charges in the incident, prosecutors said Thursday. “Further review of all evidence now available to the Commonwealth suggests that Eric Early played no role in the shooting on the Market-Frankford el or in a conspiracy to commit a shooting,” a prosecutor said in court. The 16-year-old goes free; his 18-year-old brother, Matthew, faces a preliminary hearing next month on charges he shot and injured two SEPTA passengers during the incident. [CBS Philly]
- News: Another Member of “Main Line Takeover Project” Admits Guilt
- News: Interview: Camden Mayor Dana Redd
- Shoppist: Horsham Man Sentenced to Prison For Willow Grove Mall Bomb Threat
- News: This Week’s Outrage Meter
- News: Women With Bats, Mace Attack School Bus in Northeast Philly
- News: Cops: Woman Stole $10,000 From Bank With Fake ID
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.