Eric Early—the younger of two brothers charged in the mid-December shooting of a Bulls fan at SEPTA’s 46th-and-Market station—has been cleared of all charges in the incident, prosecutors said Thursday. “Further review of all evidence now available to the Commonwealth suggests that Eric Early played no role in the shooting on the Market-Frankford el or in a conspiracy to commit a shooting,” a prosecutor said in court. The 16-year-old goes free; his 18-year-old brother, Matthew, faces a preliminary hearing next month on charges he shot and injured two SEPTA passengers during the incident. [CBS Philly]
- News: Mom, Who Accused Police of Assault, Arrested for Shoplifting
- News: 3 Ways to Reduce Public Anger About a SEPTA Strike
- News: WATCH: Why Didn’t Any Adults Help This Little Girl?
- News: Can Philly Afford its Fight Against Gentrification?
- News: The Word “Hipster” Is So Over
- News: SEPTA Official: “Don’t Panic” About Possible Strike