News I missed while on vacation: A third of Philadelphia public high schools–those with the highest rates of sexually transmitted diseases–will welcome students back from the holidays with big old clear plastic tubs of condoms affixed to the walls outside nurses’ offices. While the city has given away four million condoms since 2011, there haven’t been any targeted programs for youths until now. (25 percent of Philadelphians infected with HIV are teenagers.) Small wonder Rick Santorum home-schooled his kids! [Inquirer]
- News: ThinkFest Snapshot: Ali Velshi
- News: ThinkFest Snapshot: Helen Gym
- News: Photo Exhibit Documents Last Days of Philly Schools
- News: City Hall Will Attempt to Collect School Tax
- News: Fergie to Stage The Band’s Last Waltz at Troc to Benefit Schools
- News: Schoolmageddon: Should the SRC Have Taxing Power?