After the Susan Rice withdrew her name from consideration last week (read: got fed up with Washington) Obama is left with his number two option, John Kerry. He’ll nominate the Massachusetts senator despite concerns that his cabinet won’t be diverse enough (the SoS hasn’t been white and male in 15 years). [AP]
- News: N.J Senator Rips Obama for Cuba Prisoner Swap
- News: Obama Picks Philly Native As New Defense Secretary
- News: Ramsey to Co-Chair White House Task Force
- News: Nutter Joins Mayors Backing Obama on Immigration
- News: (Updated) Obama to FCC: Reclassify Internet as Utility
- Ticket: WATCH: Philly Boy Band Serenades Obama at Philly Campaign Stop
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.