In the hours since NRA VP Wayne LaPierre unleashed a looong tirade against his critics this morning (in the form of statement on the Newtown shooting), Ed Rendell and Michael Nutter have both weighed in. Nutter called LaPierre’s suggestion to stock schools with more guns and police officers “insane” and “ludicrous.” Rendell, true to form, went with “whacked” and “nuts.” They’ve got their own ways of saying it, but they both agree that the proposal is out there. Rendell, always happy to inject national politics into the conversation, told MSNBC, “Look, the Republicans have a very difficult choice: break with the NRA or again, have every suburban-American who looks at this say, ‘These guys are nuts.’” [Politico]
- G Philly: Ed Rendell Honored at FIGHT for Life Gala
- News: Mike Nutter on CNN: I Don’t Know If Knockout Game Is Real
- G Philly: Local HIV Org Honors Ed Rendell
- News: Philly Becomes First City to Ban 3-D Gun Printing
- News: Anyone Still Buying Zimmerman’s Passivity?
- News: Rendell Takes a Ride on the Bullet Train