In the hours since NRA VP Wayne LaPierre unleashed a looong tirade against his critics this morning (in the form of statement on the Newtown shooting), Ed Rendell and Michael Nutter have both weighed in. Nutter called LaPierre’s suggestion to stock schools with more guns and police officers “insane” and “ludicrous.” Rendell, true to form, went with “whacked” and “nuts.” They’ve got their own ways of saying it, but they both agree that the proposal is out there. Rendell, always happy to inject national politics into the conversation, told MSNBC, “Look, the Republicans have a very difficult choice: break with the NRA or again, have every suburban-American who looks at this say, ‘These guys are nuts.'” [Politico]
- News: Report of Student with Gun at Fels H.S. Sparks Lockdown
- News: Cowboys Fan Chris Christie Watches Game with Jerry Jones
- News: Rendell: Christie’s a “Wuss” For Cowboys Fandom
- News: After Ferguson, Nutter Sends Video Message to Police
- News: City Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest Since 2008
- News: AG Kane Won’t Defend Pa. Gun Law That Allows NRA Suits
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.