We know Tom Corbett is a ‘friend of natural gas.’ That’s no secret. What’s become clear is that he’s also got very good friends working in and around the natural gas industry. After initially omitting the expense from public records, a revised ethics filing shows that John Moran, Jr. paid for a long weekend the governor and the First Lady spent in Rhode Island, among other trips. Shortly after the Rhode Island vacation, Moran, who runs a logistics company that’s involved in the extraction of natural gas from the Marcellus Shale formation, was appointed to a statewide panel to determine whether the state should privatize state services. Hm, I wonder what he’ll advise the governor to do. [Stateline]
- News: MontCo Conservative Activist Challenges Corbett
- News: Corbett Asks Obama Admin to Approve Non-Obamacare Plan
- News: Is Tom Corbett Too Vulnerable?
- News: 7 Reasons Corbett’s Gas Tax is a GOP Disaster
- News: Tom Corbett: Milquetoast Conservative, Atrocious Politician
- News: SEPTA Funding Is Coming, Baby!