That’s what this guy tweeted last week. More broadly, it reflects an apparently rampant, and usually non-sensical cultural habit: amusing ourselves with the geographical formula “X is the Y of Z.” As in, “Russia is the Florida of Europe” and “Scranton is the El Dorado of Middle Class America.” For your viewing pleasure, a computer programmer has created a global map documenting every single such simile he could get his hands on. [Atlantic Cities]
- News: Cheer Up, Philly: At Least Your Commutes Are Relatively Short
- News: Is it Wrong to Pay Alcoholics With Beer?
- News: Schuylkill Expressway to Be Slightly Less Lethal Come Christmas
- News: 21 Things Buzzfeed Says Philadelphians Are Afraid Of
- News: Running of the Santas Turned Fatal This Weekend
- News: The Best and Worst Sound of Music Tweets