If the 60 undergraduates enrolled in “Lying, Cheating, Stealing and Killing,” are looking for a how-to, they’re going to be disappointed. Penn’s spring semester offering, run jointly by the bioethics and political science departments, is essentially an attempt to help pre-professionals be better people later on. Topics include “torture, war and sex scandals in politics, [and] issues of privacy in the law.” Among the rotating professors is famed bioethicist Zeke Emanuel, a former Obama health policy adviser, and brother to two other famous Emanuels. Now that they’re on probation for grade inflation, officials at Villanova Law might think about using their free time to audit the course. [Daily Pennsylvanian]
- Property: Multimillion Dollar Clothier Estate Back on the Market
- News: HUP Named Top Hospital in Philly Area
- News: Swarthmore Apps Drop Due to Extra 500-Word Essay
- News: Penn Gets DoD Grant to Heal Brain Injuries
- News: Ex-Penn Recreation Director Charged with Theft
- Property: MSC Brokers Major “Lifestyle Store” Deal
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.