If the 60 undergraduates enrolled in “Lying, Cheating, Stealing and Killing,” are looking for a how-to, they’re going to be disappointed. Penn’s spring semester offering, run jointly by the bioethics and political science departments, is essentially an attempt to help pre-professionals be better people later on. Topics include “torture, war and sex scandals in politics, [and] issues of privacy in the law.” Among the rotating professors is famed bioethicist Zeke Emanuel, a former Obama health policy adviser, and brother to two other famous Emanuels. Now that they’re on probation for grade inflation, officials at Villanova Law might think about using their free time to audit the course. [Daily Pennsylvanian]
- Property: Eagleview Estate in Villanova Gets Another Price Cut
- News: Survey: Penn, Princeton Grads Hard to Date
- News: Penn Student’s Death Still Under Investigation
- News: (UPDATE) Penn Student Dead of Apparent Suicide
- Property: Penn Expands Boundaries of West Philly Home-Buying Program
- News: Penn Continuing Marijuana Ban Despite City Decrim
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.