If the 60 undergraduates enrolled in “Lying, Cheating, Stealing and Killing,” are looking for a how-to, they’re going to be disappointed. Penn’s spring semester offering, run jointly by the bioethics and political science departments, is essentially an attempt to help pre-professionals be better people later on. Topics include “torture, war and sex scandals in politics, [and] issues of privacy in the law.” Among the rotating professors is famed bioethicist Zeke Emanuel, a former Obama health policy adviser, and brother to two other famous Emanuels. Now that they’re on probation for grade inflation, officials at Villanova Law might think about using their free time to audit the course. [Daily Pennsylvanian]
- News: CHOP, Penn Get Donation for New Research Center
- News: Penn Getting Close to ‘Functional Cure’ for HIV?
- Ticket: 16th-Century Illustrations Show Cats With Rockets on Their Backs
- News: Penn Tuition and Fees Pass $60,000. A Year.
- News: Penn Students: Stop Being Schmucks!
- News: “Gangsta” Party Stirs Backlash Against Penn Greeks