Pity poor Sweeny Murti, a reporter who covers the New York Yankees for WFAN radio. He’s featured in a calendar—The 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said—for making this little joke during a broadcast: “Over? It’s not over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?” Sentient human beings, of course, recognize those lines as a reference to Animal House, only one of the greatest and most quotable non-Caddyshack comedies of its era. Yahoo notes: “This isn’t a calendar put out by some humorless historical snob at the Smithsonian. The cover of the 2012 calendar says they’ve been making these things for 18 years. Maybe it has been a little too long. They should know better.” Then again, the guy’s a Yankees reporter, so he probably had it coming for something. [Yahoo]
- G Philly: Annie Should Be Left in the Orphanage
- Ticket: REVIEW: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Ticket: WATCH: Bradley Cooper In the Trailer for American Sniper
- Ticket: Philly Theaters Won’t Show The Interview After Terrorist Threat
- Ticket: 3 New Movies to See in Theaters This Weekend
- G Philly: TONIGHT: Bernadette Screens at The Roxy
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.