Pity poor Sweeny Murti, a reporter who covers the New York Yankees for WFAN radio. He’s featured in a calendar—The 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said—for making this little joke during a broadcast: “Over? It’s not over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?” Sentient human beings, of course, recognize those lines as a reference to Animal House, only one of the greatest and most quotable non-Caddyshack comedies of its era. Yahoo notes: “This isn’t a calendar put out by some humorless historical snob at the Smithsonian. The cover of the 2012 calendar says they’ve been making these things for 18 years. Maybe it has been a little too long. They should know better.” Then again, the guy’s a Yankees reporter, so he probably had it coming for something. [Yahoo]
- Ticket: Google Play Giving Away Guardians Of the Galaxy Mixtape
- Ticket: 13 Things to Do in Philly This Week
- Ticket: New Films Opening to Philly This Weekend
- Ticket: M. Night Shyamalan PA-Shot Thriller Gets Release Date
- Ticket: PFS Screening All Six Original Star Trek Films
- Ticket: New In Theaters This Weekend
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.