Jeffrey Hillman, the not-quite-homeless recipient of the most scrutinized bit of charity since Jesus whipped up a bunch of sardine sandwiches, turns out to have a string of arrests in New York (forgery, possession of stolen property, grand larceny, public lewdness) and Allentown (assault) spanning more than a decade. But despite preferring to hide his new boots and continue panhandling barefoot in Times Square, he’s apparently not crazy enough to be committed. [New York Post]
- News: What Happened to 93,000 Pennsylvania Workers?
- News: Philly Unemployment Declines
- News: More Pennsylvanians Working Than A Year Ago
- News: Report: Philly’s Recovery From Recession is Lagging
- News: Welcome to Pennsylvania. Would You Like Fries With That?
- News: The One PGW Sale Question That Really Matters
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.