In the ecclesiastical equivalent of your mom joining Facebook, Pope Benedict XVI has joined Twitter—and, as of this writing, wracked up more than 100,000 followers before he sends a single, blessed 140-character message out into the world. (To be fair: 98,000 of those followers are probably porn spam. Also to be fair: I’m going to hell for making that joke.) We’re still waiting to see how the pontiff will use his newfound social media powers. Will he Instagram communion? Will he check in on Foursquare and become the “mayor” of the Vatican? Does he have any jokes to make about Nate Silver? Or is the Pope not a hipster? We’ll finally find out. [The Daily Mail]
- News: Report: Suspects in Gay Bashing Will Meet Police Today
- News: Could Comcast Merger Result in Better Netflix Service?
- News: Apple (Yawn) Launched New Stuff Yesterday
- News: I Just Can’t Even With Jezebel Anymore
- News: A Philly Cop Weighs in on the Ray Rice Video
- News: Did You Click on the Leaked Celebrity Nudes?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.