In the ecclesiastical equivalent of your mom joining Facebook, Pope Benedict XVI has joined Twitter—and, as of this writing, wracked up more than 100,000 followers before he sends a single, blessed 140-character message out into the world. (To be fair: 98,000 of those followers are probably porn spam. Also to be fair: I’m going to hell for making that joke.) We’re still waiting to see how the pontiff will use his newfound social media powers. Will he Instagram communion? Will he check in on Foursquare and become the “mayor” of the Vatican? Does he have any jokes to make about Nate Silver? Or is the Pope not a hipster? We’ll finally find out. [The Daily Mail]
- News: Science Leadership Academy Dumps Macs for Chromebooks
- News: Those Awesome Eagles Snow Bowl Pics Were Very Hard to Take
- News: Can Everybody Shut Up About The Obama Funeral Selfie?
- News: Penn Study: Glorious Utopian Future of Free Elite Online Education is a Bit of a Crock
- News: Twitter Reacts to Time’s Selection of Pope Francis as “Person of the Year”
- News: What Message is Holy Ghost Sending its Students?