In the ecclesiastical equivalent of your mom joining Facebook, Pope Benedict XVI has joined Twitter—and, as of this writing, wracked up more than 100,000 followers before he sends a single, blessed 140-character message out into the world. (To be fair: 98,000 of those followers are probably porn spam. Also to be fair: I’m going to hell for making that joke.) We’re still waiting to see how the pontiff will use his newfound social media powers. Will he Instagram communion? Will he check in on Foursquare and become the “mayor” of the Vatican? Does he have any jokes to make about Nate Silver? Or is the Pope not a hipster? We’ll finally find out. [The Daily Mail]
- News: Mayor, Governor Headed to Vatican to Meet Pope
- News: Judge Orders Philly.com to Reveal Commenter’s Identity
- News: Harassment Not Tolerated at Philly Tech Week
- News: Backlash Against Jersey’s “Bishop of Bling”
- News: How Can Comcast Make Your Life Better?
- News: Inky, Daily News Fired Up About First-Ever Job Reviews