Remember when Led Zeppelin was beautiful, young, and dangerous? They’re not really that anymore: They’re old and respectable—too respectable to do anything like wear skin-tight tuxedo pants and slip a giant cucumber down the front for emphasis while meeting the president. Which is why Robert Plant and Jimmy Page found themselves seated next to Dustin Hoffman and David Letterman Sunday night as part of this year’s batch of Kennedy Center honorees. That’s right: The guys who used to sing about being “your backdoor man” are now lifetime achievement award winners. Everybody gets old. Even your backdoor man. Hey! Ho! That’s a whole lotta love. Old, old love. [Time]
- News: B101 to Change Name, Keep Format
- News: City Shuts Down Old People Music Venue
- G Philly: Our First (and Last) Annual Twerky Awards
- News: Philly Needs an All-Chanukah Radio Station
- News: Bruce’s Original “Born to Run” Manuscript on Sale Today
- News: Will We Ever Stop Buying What Disney’s Peddling?