Yes, the election is over, but it’s going to feel like early November 2012 all over again in Philadelphia today. President Obama is coming to the area to visit the Rodon Group, a suburban company that makes toy parts for K’NEX Brands, as part of his effort to rally support for a fiscal plan to raise taxes on the rich in order to avoid the so-called “fiscal cliff.” But Republicans are countering by unleashing an attack ad from California Rep. Kevin McCarthy, featuring Collegeville’s Gorski Engineering, and the owner’s complaints that higher taxes will hurt his business. Somewhere, though, Mitt Romney is wearing a T-shirt and letting his perfect mane of hair flow free, and maybe feeling a little grateful for leaving all the bickering behind. [The Associated Press]
- News: Christine O’Donnell Not a Witch, Nor a Fact-Checker
- News: Obama Appears in Wilmington
- News: Christie Takes Obama to Task at Governors’ Conference
- News: The President and the “N-Word”
- G Philly: President to Ban Gender Identity Discrimination
- G Philly: Obama to Sign Executive Order Extending LGBT Workplace Protections
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.