When Hurricane Sandy ripped through the tri-state area last month, a former classmate took in Mercedes Dombkiewicz, 22, a homeless woman in the Lower Southampton area of Bucks County, to shelter her from the storm for four days. For her classmate’s hospitality, Dombkiewicz responded by wracking up $1,300 in debit charges, and stealing a camera and some jewelry that she pawned here in Philly. Why am I telling you this? Because the world is a cold, heartless place. [PhillyBurbs]
- News: WATCH: Why Didn’t Any Adults Help This Little Girl?
- News: Harassment Not Tolerated at Philly Tech Week
- News: Swiss Cheese Pervert Faces New Charges
- News: Backlash Against Jersey’s “Bishop of Bling”
- News: Are My Savesies Chairs Nice Enough?
- News: Phillies’ Silence on NCAA Narcing Is Embarrassing