When Hurricane Sandy ripped through the tri-state area last month, a former classmate took in Mercedes Dombkiewicz, 22, a homeless woman in the Lower Southampton area of Bucks County, to shelter her from the storm for four days. For her classmate’s hospitality, Dombkiewicz responded by wracking up $1,300 in debit charges, and stealing a camera and some jewelry that she pawned here in Philly. Why am I telling you this? Because the world is a cold, heartless place. [PhillyBurbs]
- News: Fight Breaks Out at Philly’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
- News: Pennsbury Grad Eliminated From ‘The Voice’
- News: Stun Gun Black Friday Fight at Franklin Mills Mall
- News: Mother, Daughter Found Murdered After Fire in Bucks County
- News: In Princeton, Effigies Have Feelings, Too
- News: Have SEPTA Police Caught the Broad Street Puncher?