When Hurricane Sandy ripped through the tri-state area last month, a former classmate took in Mercedes Dombkiewicz, 22, a homeless woman in the Lower Southampton area of Bucks County, to shelter her from the storm for four days. For her classmate’s hospitality, Dombkiewicz responded by wracking up $1,300 in debit charges, and stealing a camera and some jewelry that she pawned here in Philly. Why am I telling you this? Because the world is a cold, heartless place. [PhillyBurbs]
- News: Lions Fan Says He Was Beaten After Eagles Game
- News: Is it Wrong to Pay Alcoholics With Beer?
- News: NBC 10 Sends Weekend’s Most Inappropriate Weather-Related Tweet
- News: Science: It’s Not the Thought That Counts
- News: Crack-Smoking Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Has a PA Connection
- News: VIDEO: Man and Woman Steal Christmas Decorations In South Philadelphia