When Hurricane Sandy ripped through the tri-state area last month, a former classmate took in Mercedes Dombkiewicz, 22, a homeless woman in the Lower Southampton area of Bucks County, to shelter her from the storm for four days. For her classmate’s hospitality, Dombkiewicz responded by wracking up $1,300 in debit charges, and stealing a camera and some jewelry that she pawned here in Philly. Why am I telling you this? Because the world is a cold, heartless place. [PhillyBurbs]
- News: Police Tasered Man After Apple Store Ran Out of iPhone 6
- News: Lobbyist Accused of Sexual Assault
- News: Kentucky Derby Winner Racing in Bensalem
- Property: NY Group Buys $19M Bucks Property
- News: Philly Cop Charged With Stealing Drexel Student’s Phone
- News: Union: Politics Guided Jersey Pension Investments
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.