When Hurricane Sandy ripped through the tri-state area last month, a former classmate took in Mercedes Dombkiewicz, 22, a homeless woman in the Lower Southampton area of Bucks County, to shelter her from the storm for four days. For her classmate’s hospitality, Dombkiewicz responded by wracking up $1,300 in debit charges, and stealing a camera and some jewelry that she pawned here in Philly. Why am I telling you this? Because the world is a cold, heartless place. [PhillyBurbs]
- News: Leader of “Main Line Drug Ring” Pleads
- Property: Property’s Weekend Agenda: Bucks County Open Houses
- News: Jury Awards $500,000 Judgment Against Philabundance
- News: Tom Wolf’s Ethics Code Is a Good Start
- News: Stop Spitting on the Sidewalk, You Disgusting Pig
- News: Assault on Bartram Teacher Is Third in a Month
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.