There have been 301 murders to date in Philly this year. The most recent victim, Rasheedah Blunt, was shot Tuesday night in her North Philadelphia apartment, representing the most common type of murder that happens in Philly (as many as 82 percent of murders involve guns in the city). Despite surpassing that unfortunate milestone, though, violent crime for the city is actually down one percent overall. But then, that’s no consolation for the Blunt families of Philly. [Guncrisis]
- News: State Trooper’s Funeral Held; Cops Hunt for Suspect
- News: Murder Defendant Wears ‘Crime Pays’ Shirt to Court
- G Philly: Brian Sims: I Will Bring the Victims to Harrisburg to Change the Law
- G Philly: Gay Bashing Witness: No Self-Defense
- News: Man Robs West Philly Store With Banana
- News: You’ll Have to Stop Calling the Gay-Bashing a Hate Crime
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.