There have been 301 murders to date in Philly this year. The most recent victim, Rasheedah Blunt, was shot Tuesday night in her North Philadelphia apartment, representing the most common type of murder that happens in Philly (as many as 82 percent of murders involve guns in the city). Despite surpassing that unfortunate milestone, though, violent crime for the city is actually down one percent overall. But then, that’s no consolation for the Blunt families of Philly. [Guncrisis]
- News: Eric Frein Captured, Manhunt Over
- News: State Sen. Washington Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge
- News: Seventh-Grader Charged With Making Bomb Threats
- News: Man, Woman Wanted in Queen Village Shooting
- G Philly: Man Arrested for Murder of Norristown Man He Met On Craigslist for Sex
- News: Halloween Decoration Stolen from South Philly Stoop
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.