New Jersey Governor Chris Christie held a press conference on Tuesday to update everyone on the ongoing recovery efforts in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Christie said that he got power back at his home in Morris County on Monday night. He added that resources from all over the country have been diverted to Jersey to help restore power to those still in the dark. The guv says that he’s personally seen trucks from Pennsylvania, Illinois and Alabama while he’s been out and about. In Jersey, 2.1 million customers have had their power restored, but Christie noted that people “don’t give a damn” about that if they’re still in the dark. Also, he urged people to realize that Jersey is not experiencing a fuel shortage, so there’s no reason to panic.
- News: Is Chris Christie Still a Viable Presidential Candidate?
- News: Christie to Decide on Smoking Ban for Jersey Beaches
- News: Jersey Bearing Brunt of Immigrant Child Influx
- Property: Jaw-dropper of the Week: $12.5M in Loveladies
- News: Use North Jersey Gaming Dollars to Rebuild AC?
- News: Chris Christie Isn’t Campaigning for All GOP Candidates
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.