New Jersey Governor Chris Christie held a press conference on Tuesday to update everyone on the ongoing recovery efforts in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Christie said that he got power back at his home in Morris County on Monday night. He added that resources from all over the country have been diverted to Jersey to help restore power to those still in the dark. The guv says that he’s personally seen trucks from Pennsylvania, Illinois and Alabama while he’s been out and about. In Jersey, 2.1 million customers have had their power restored, but Christie noted that people “don’t give a damn” about that if they’re still in the dark. Also, he urged people to realize that Jersey is not experiencing a fuel shortage, so there’s no reason to panic.
- News: Once-Key Christie Allies Backing Bush?
- News: Nearly 3,000 Gay Marriages in Jersey, So Far
- News: Chris Christie Aides Head to New Hampshire
- News: Poll: Jersey Voters Skeptical of Christie Vindication
- News: Our Five Favorite Parts of the Chris Christie New Yorker Profile
- News: When Joy Behar Called Chris Christie “Toast”