Astronauts were able to vote in today’s presidential election thanks to a bill passed by Texas legislators in 1997. The astronauts in orbit receive a digital ballot beamed up from Mission Control at Johnson Space Center in Houston. The secure ballots are sent back to Mission Control and then directly to voting authorities. It’s basically a digital absentee ballot cast from hundreds of miles above the Earth’s surface. [Huffington Post]
- Articles: The Millennial Revolution We Have the Potential to Change Politics
- News: My Name is Joel. And I Am Wrong.
- News: A Guy Who Might Just Be the Next President, in Philly Last Night
- News: Chris Christie Is GQ’s “Boss of the Year”
- News: Conservatives’ Unexpected Solution to Poverty
- News: Penn Conference Proves Government Officials Have More Privacy in Public Than the Public Has in Private