Astronauts were able to vote in today’s presidential election thanks to a bill passed by Texas legislators in 1997. The astronauts in orbit receive a digital ballot beamed up from Mission Control at Johnson Space Center in Houston. The secure ballots are sent back to Mission Control and then directly to voting authorities. It’s basically a digital absentee ballot cast from hundreds of miles above the Earth’s surface. [Huffington Post]
- News: Another Pa. Republican Supports Medical Marijuana
- News: State Senate to Consider Medical Marijuana
- News: 3 Reasons to End the Pa. Death Penalty
- News: Magazine Says Pa. Governor Race Is “Likely Democratic”
- News: Election 2015: Who Wants to Be Mayor?
- News: Law Firm Asks Court to Forgive Bob Brady’s $450,000 Debt
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.