The Reading Phillies have been affiliated with the Phils of the Bigs since 1967. While their allegiance to the Phils isn’t in question, the branding of the Double A ball club is set to undergo some serious change. The first evidence of those changes came in a Sunday announcement that the team will change its name prior to the 2013 season. On November 17th, the Reading Phillies will unveil a new club name, new unis, and a new logo during a ceremony at Reading’s FirstEnergy Stadium. So, all of the free gear you picked up as promotions at R-Phils games is now considered “throwback.” [Daily News]
- News: Kobe Bryant and 6 Others Who Should Retire Like Doc
- News: Roy Halladay Is Retiring
- News: Hamels: “You Have to Know When to Start Over”
- Property: Former Philadelphian Breaks Record in Clearwater
- News: Does Ruben Amaro Have a Plan for the Phillies?
- Articles: Heidi Hamels Is More Than Just Mrs. Cole Hamels