Mayor Nutter will get to pretend to be an Impossible Missions Force agent on Friday when he rappels 20 stories down the side of 1515 Market Street. The stunt is a fundraiser for Outward Bound Philadelphia—the local branch of a national nonprofit that teaches survival and outdoor skills. So, at 9:30 on Friday, if you look skyward, you’ll get to see Philly’s mayor doing his best Ethan Hunt impression. Seriously, if he doesn’t have the Mission: Impossible theme song playing on his Zune while rappelling, it means we’ve got bigger problems that school budgets and tax reform. [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- News: Officials Investigate “Suspicious Package” in Center City
- News: Biz Leaders Look to Philly’s Post-Nutter Future
- News: Anger Follows Cancellation of School Funding Vote
- News: Philly Police Get Raise and a Rebuke
- News: Paris? Here Are 9 Cities Mayor Nutter Should Be Visiting
- Property: Chestnut Retail Space To Be Banana Republic Factory
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.