Mayor Nutter will get to pretend to be an Impossible Missions Force agent on Friday when he rappels 20 stories down the side of 1515 Market Street. The stunt is a fundraiser for Outward Bound Philadelphia—the local branch of a national nonprofit that teaches survival and outdoor skills. So, at 9:30 on Friday, if you look skyward, you’ll get to see Philly’s mayor doing his best Ethan Hunt impression. Seriously, if he doesn’t have the Mission: Impossible theme song playing on his Zune while rappelling, it means we’ve got bigger problems that school budgets and tax reform. [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Property: One Liberty Place to Get Observation Deck
- News: After Ferguson, Nutter Sends Video Message to Police
- News: City Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest Since 2008
- News: Parking Kiosks Currently Cash-Only
- News: Nutter, Clarke Spar Over Death of PGW Privatization Deal
- News: 23 Photos From Last Night’s City Hall Protests
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.