Mayor Nutter will get to pretend to be an Impossible Missions Force agent on Friday when he rappels 20 stories down the side of 1515 Market Street. The stunt is a fundraiser for Outward Bound Philadelphia—the local branch of a national nonprofit that teaches survival and outdoor skills. So, at 9:30 on Friday, if you look skyward, you’ll get to see Philly’s mayor doing his best Ethan Hunt impression. Seriously, if he doesn’t have the Mission: Impossible theme song playing on his Zune while rappelling, it means we’ve got bigger problems that school budgets and tax reform. [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- News: Can Philly Afford its Fight Against Gentrification?
- News: Mayor, Governor Headed to Vatican to Meet Pope
- News: Council Takes on Marijuana, E-Cigarettes Next Week
- News: L&I Doesn’t Know How Many Buildings Have Collapsed in Philly
- News: Mayor Nutter Won’t Be Shouted Down in Council This Year
- News: Comcast Today: Internet Essentials Gets New Life