A Philadelphia Police officer who was en route to pick Mayor Nutter up was seriously injured in a car accident near Fairmount Park on Tuesday morning. The officer was on Montgomery Drive near Martin Luther King Drive at about 8:30 a.m. when his city-owned SUV was involved in a collision with a second vehicle. Mayor Nutter’s driver momentarily lost consciousness. He was transported to Hahnemann University Hospital for treatment to injuries to his hands and face. [CBS 3]
- News: Nutter, Union in Dispute Over $2.88 Million
- News: Philly Cop Charged With Stealing Drexel Student’s Phone
- News: Ramsey Promises Police Won’t Arrest Pot Users
- News: ACLU Sues Police for Using Force to Stop Photos of Arrest
- News: Council May Debate PGW Sale in October
- G Philly: UPDATE: New Details on Walnut Street Homophobic Attack
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.