A Philadelphia Police officer who was en route to pick Mayor Nutter up was seriously injured in a car accident near Fairmount Park on Tuesday morning. The officer was on Montgomery Drive near Martin Luther King Drive at about 8:30 a.m. when his city-owned SUV was involved in a collision with a second vehicle. Mayor Nutter’s driver momentarily lost consciousness. He was transported to Hahnemann University Hospital for treatment to injuries to his hands and face. [CBS 3]
- News: Outrage Over Philly Paramedic’s Anti-Cop Social Media Posts
- News: Cops Kill Armed Man in Mayfair After Traffic Stop
- News: Protesters Decry Police Headquarters Move to West Philly
- News: After Ferguson, Nutter Sends Video Message to Police
- News: Man Found Guilty of Murdering Philly Cop
- News: City Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest Since 2008
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.