A 16-year-old student has filed a lawsuit against the Schuylkill Valley School District alleging that his four-day suspension over a sex tape scandal was unfair punishment. The student was on a trip to Casablanca with the Spanish club when he had sex with his then-girlfriend. Another student secretly taped them and the district suspended all three when word of the tape got out. The student had signed a permission slip acknowledging that sexual activity would get him sent home from the trip, but he maintains that he didn’t break the school’s code of conduct and should not have been suspended. [CBS 3]
- News: Complaint: SRC Violated Pennsylvania Sunshine Act
- News: Suit: CBS3 Anchor Chris May Screwed Up Big Time
- News: Main Line Golf Club Hit With Messy Sexual Harassment Suit
- News: Six Districts (But Not Philly) File Big School Funding Lawsuit
- News: Lawyer Told to Pay $1M for Smoking Reference
- News: City Council Sued Over Speech Rules
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.