Garrett Reid Died of an Accidental Heroin Overdose

On Thursday afternoon, the Northampton County coroner revealed that the results of Garrett Reid’s autopsy and toxicology report show that the coach’s son died of an accidental heroin overdose. Garrett Reid’s body was discovered in his Lehigh University dorm room on August 5th during Eagles training camp, where he worked as a strength and conditioning coach. The 29-year-old had a well-documented history of drug abuse and Andy Reid had previously suspected that his addiction played a role in his death. Police are still investigating to find out who sold Reid the drugs and where he got a gym bag full of syringes.

Around The Web


Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.