While debating VP Joe Biden on Thursday, noted Nirvana fan and Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan recounted the moment he saw the first ultrasound of his daughter over 10 years ago. He says that, to this day, he’s nicknamed his daughter “Bean” because he thought the fetus looked like a bean in the ultrasound image. People (of the Internet variety) have pointed out that Nirvana’s lead singer Kurt Cobain did the same thing for his daughter Frances. Coincidence or grunge-rock, right-wing conspiracy? I guess we’ll never know. Also, it’s important to note that Frances’ godfather is R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe because all famous people know each other. Illuminati. [Gawker]
- Ticket: Is There Such Thing as Really Good Elevator Music?
- Ticket: WXPN to Host Kids Indie Music Festival KindieComm
- Ticket: Patti LaBelle Brought the White House Down
- Ticket: Chris’ Jazz Cafe Manager Starred In This Amazing NSFW 1994 Music Video
- The Scene: Cheers for CHOP
- Ticket: Rising: Bleeding Rainbow