While debating VP Joe Biden on Thursday, noted Nirvana fan and Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan recounted the moment he saw the first ultrasound of his daughter over 10 years ago. He says that, to this day, he’s nicknamed his daughter “Bean” because he thought the fetus looked like a bean in the ultrasound image. People (of the Internet variety) have pointed out that Nirvana’s lead singer Kurt Cobain did the same thing for his daughter Frances. Coincidence or grunge-rock, right-wing conspiracy? I guess we’ll never know. Also, it’s important to note that Frances’ godfather is R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe because all famous people know each other. Illuminati. [Gawker]
- Ticket: 8 Best 2014 Holiday Albums
- Ticket: WATCH: Philly Voice Finalist Duets With Adam Levine
- Ticket: WATCH: Man Treated to Private Concert By Bob Dylan
- Ticket: PHOTOS: Jingle Ball 2014
- Ticket: WATCH: The Roots Back Up ILoveMakonnen On “Tuesday”
- Ticket: LISTEN: Nicki Minaj Debuts New Single on Local Radio
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.