While debating VP Joe Biden on Thursday, noted Nirvana fan and Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan recounted the moment he saw the first ultrasound of his daughter over 10 years ago. He says that, to this day, he’s nicknamed his daughter “Bean” because he thought the fetus looked like a bean in the ultrasound image. People (of the Internet variety) have pointed out that Nirvana’s lead singer Kurt Cobain did the same thing for his daughter Frances. Coincidence or grunge-rock, right-wing conspiracy? I guess we’ll never know. Also, it’s important to note that Frances’ godfather is R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe because all famous people know each other. Illuminati. [Gawker]
- Ticket: Taylor Swift Getting First-Ever Dick Clark Award
- Ticket: In a Music Rut?
- Ticket: Google Play Giving Away Guardians Of the Galaxy Mixtape
- Ticket: CONCERT REVIEW: Caribou at Union Transfer
- G Philly: Culture Club Cancels Atlantic City Tour Date
- Ticket: Bruce Springsteen Part of Free Veterans Day Concert in DC
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.