While debating VP Joe Biden on Thursday, noted Nirvana fan and Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan recounted the moment he saw the first ultrasound of his daughter over 10 years ago. He says that, to this day, he’s nicknamed his daughter “Bean” because he thought the fetus looked like a bean in the ultrasound image. People (of the Internet variety) have pointed out that Nirvana’s lead singer Kurt Cobain did the same thing for his daughter Frances. Coincidence or grunge-rock, right-wing conspiracy? I guess we’ll never know. Also, it’s important to note that Frances’ godfather is R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe because all famous people know each other. Illuminati. [Gawker]
- News: City Shuts Down Old People Music Venue
- G Philly: Our First (and Last) Annual Twerky Awards
- News: Philly Needs an All-Chanukah Radio Station
- News: Bruce’s Original “Born to Run” Manuscript on Sale Today
- News: Will We Ever Stop Buying What Disney’s Peddling?
- G Philly: LISTEN: Awesome Mashup of 2013 Pop Hits