The guy commonly known as NJ Weedman recently arrived in Philadelphia ahead of his Wednesday appearance in a Jersey court. Weedman is 48 and has been diagnosed with bone cancer. He faces charges from a 2010 incident when authorities found a pound of marijuana in his trunk. Now, he’s looking to find marijuana legalizers to land on his jury and help him avoid 10 years in prison. Weedman has a medical marijuana card in California, where he recently opened a dispensary, and maintains that the pot was for personal use, not for distribution. [Daily News]
- News: Philadelphia 7-Eleven Robbed With AK-47 Style Rifle
- G Philly: Preliminary Hearing Set for Gay-Bashing Suspects
- News: WATCH: Don Tollefson Talks About Guilty Plea
- News: Big Leagues Sue Jersey Over Sports Betting
- News: America’s Worst City for Bike Thefts
- News: (UPDATE) Tollefson Expected to Plead Guilty
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.