District Attorney Seth Williams has announced that nine people face charges for allegedly faking injuries after their SugarHouse Casino trolley grazed a stopped SEPTA bus. Nine of the 26 passengers on the trolleybus filed personal injury claims even though surveillance footage supposedly shows none of them losing their balance. It did, though, pick up on their discussion about the casino’s “deep pockets.” The “collision” was so insignificant that the trolleybus mirror didn’t even sustain any damage. All nine of the people have already turned themselves in and been arraigned. [Philly.com]
- News: The Outrage Meter: Gay Bashing, Papelbon, Wawa
- News: Anti-Islamic Bus Ads Coming Soon to SEPTA
- News: Pa. Trooper Shooting Suspect Added to Most Wanted List
- News: State Trooper’s Funeral Held; Cops Hunt for Suspect
- News: Murder Defendant Wears ‘Crime Pays’ Shirt to Court
- G Philly: Brian Sims: I Will Bring the Victims to Harrisburg to Change the Law
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.