District Attorney Seth Williams has announced that nine people face charges for allegedly faking injuries after their SugarHouse Casino trolley grazed a stopped SEPTA bus. Nine of the 26 passengers on the trolleybus filed personal injury claims even though surveillance footage supposedly shows none of them losing their balance. It did, though, pick up on their discussion about the casino’s “deep pockets.” The “collision” was so insignificant that the trolleybus mirror didn’t even sustain any damage. All nine of the people have already turned themselves in and been arraigned. [Philly.com]
- News: ‘Wedding Crasher’ Thief Pleads Guilty
- News: #SEPTAResidency, Or: Writing the Market Frankford Line
- News: DHS Takes Child from Mom in SEPTA Video
- News: Mom, Who Accused Police of Assault, Arrested for Shoplifting
- News: 3 Ways to Reduce Public Anger About a SEPTA Strike
- News: WATCH: Why Didn’t Any Adults Help This Little Girl?