A North Philly woman filed suit against the City of Philadelphia and three police offers, alleging that she was zapped with stun guns seven times during a 2010 incident and that, she says, resulted in a miscarriage. The suit states that the woman had left her children in her car while she ran inside to pick up some luggage. She claims that when she heard two people knocking on the car, she yelled at them and ran outside. After allegedly pushing her against a fence and choking her, the woman claims that a third officer showed up at the scene and hit her with a stun gun every time she yelled for help. She miscarried a few weeks later. [Daily News]
- News: New Jersey’s Dumbest Lawsuit Ever
- News: ACLU: Philly Police Still Arresting People for Photographing Police
- News: N.J. Sues Pizza Shop Over Garden State Parkway-Like Logo
- Foobooz: Tale of the Tape: Cheesesteak at Jimmy G’s
- News: Philly Pays $1.4M for Posting Gun Permit Appeal Data Online
- News: WATCH: Thief Steals Philly Police Officer’s Bicycle
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.