A North Philly woman filed suit against the City of Philadelphia and three police offers, alleging that she was zapped with stun guns seven times during a 2010 incident and that, she says, resulted in a miscarriage. The suit states that the woman had left her children in her car while she ran inside to pick up some luggage. She claims that when she heard two people knocking on the car, she yelled at them and ran outside. After allegedly pushing her against a fence and choking her, the woman claims that a third officer showed up at the scene and hit her with a stun gun every time she yelled for help. She miscarried a few weeks later. [Daily News]
- News: Delco Lawyer Suing Led Zeppelin Could Be Disbarred
- News: Meet Mike Whiter, Recipient of Philly’s First Pot Citation
- News: Report: Philly Paid Out $40 Million for Police Misconduct
- News: Delaware Man Sues Over Pink Panties Incident
- News: Should Catholic Doc Be Forced to Prescribe Contraceptives?
- News: Norman Mailer’s Mistress Files Libel Suit
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.