Nobody wanted to be the GM of the Sixers. The team reportedly tried to lure Masai Ujiri away from the Nuggets. They tried to grab Mike Zarren from Boston and Sam Hinkie from the Rockets. Sir Charles Barkley originally expressed interest, but bowed out to pursue his blossoming karaoke career. So, the Sixers went ahead and promoted Tony DiLeo. [Crossing Broad]
- News: Unveiled: The Wilt Chamberlain Stamp
- News: 76ers Now Trading for Players They Plan to Cut
- News: Sixers Mocked in Taiwanese Animation
- News: Joel Embiid Has Tremendous Twitter Game
- News: Sixers Mad That the NBA Wants Them to Stop Losing So Much
- News: Ex-Sixers GM: ‘Girls in Philly Wanted to Kill Me’
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.