Nobody wanted to be the GM of the Sixers. The team reportedly tried to lure Masai Ujiri away from the Nuggets. They tried to grab Mike Zarren from Boston and Sam Hinkie from the Rockets. Sir Charles Barkley originally expressed interest, but bowed out to pursue his blossoming karaoke career. So, the Sixers went ahead and promoted Tony DiLeo. [Crossing Broad]
- News: Yeah, but Would an NBA Team of Philly Natives Be Any Good?
- News: Embiid’s Foot Surgeon: He Could Play This Season
- News: Nerlens Noel Finally Plays for Sixers (Kind Of)
- News: Report: Sixers in Talks to Acquire Jeremy Lin
- News: Joel Embiid May Not Play for the Sixers This Season
- News: Sixers to Tank Again Next Season?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.