A dilapidated football field in Hunting Park is going to look a little nicer thanks to a $200,000 donation from the Team Vick Foundation. On Tuesday afternoon, the starting quarterback for the Birds, Fairmount Park Conservancy, and a slew of others will be on hand for a groundbreaking ceremony that will, eventually, result in Hunting Park’s Team Vick Field. [Inquirer]
- Foobooz: Tale of the Tape: Cheesesteak at Jimmy G’s
- News: Kevin Johnson Resigns at Bright Hope Church
- News: Phillies, Eagles in Top-50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises
- News: Philadelphians Chase Down Driver of Cadillac That Hit Bus
- The Scene: Oxford Mills Grand Opening
- News: Tom Corbett’s Last Chance to Be a Real Governor
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.