Tom Fitzgerald and Lorenzo Marquez are evidently making enough noise with their fashion blog, TomandLorenzo.com, to get the attention of the likes of the New York Times and high-profile fashion editors alike. The South Philly residents started the blog back in 2006, only to watch it quickly balloon in readership before they began working on the site fulltime in 2009. These “self-appointed style arbiters,” as the NYT piece says, have no professional fashion experience and commute to New York weekly to meet with fashion designers and editors. In related news: You can still make something of yourself even though you’re from Philly. [New York Times]
- Shoppist: The Philly Mag Fashion Project is Back!
- G Philly: LGBT Black History Month Spotlight
- News: Urban Outfitters’s Denim Tutu Is too Edgy for Goldman Sachs
- The Scene: 2013 “In Fashion” Luncheon at Saks
- News: PHOTOS: 15 Dandy Get-Ups from Philly’s Tweed Ride
- News: This Voorhees Guy May Have the World’s Best Beard
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.