Surprise, Wet Seal’s hiring practices might be just a tad bit racist. Nicole Cogdell, a former manager of the King of Prussia Wet Seal store, was relieved of her highly fashionable duty just four days after a visit to the store from former company vice president Barbara Bachman. At the time of her visit, Bachman allegedly complained that she “wanted someone with blonde hair and blue eyes,” and she eventually replaced Cogdell with a white woman who had poor job performance records and less experience and paid her more for it. Coincidentally (or not), the company’s been losing money consistently, showing a $12.4 million loss in the second quarter overall. Multiple plaintiffs are currently seeking a class-action lawsuit status for their ongoing case. [Jezebel]
- Be Well Philly: Lululemon KOP Announces First Ever Blacktop Bootcamp
- News: Should You Feel Guilty About Privilege?
- News: The President and the “N-Word”
- Foobooz: July 4th Weekend at Shake Shack
- News: Columnist Wants D.C. Football Team Renamed “The Reagans”
- News: KKK Grand Dragon Kicked Off Tacony Town Watch
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.