Surprise, Wet Seal’s hiring practices might be just a tad bit racist. Nicole Cogdell, a former manager of the King of Prussia Wet Seal store, was relieved of her highly fashionable duty just four days after a visit to the store from former company vice president Barbara Bachman. At the time of her visit, Bachman allegedly complained that she “wanted someone with blonde hair and blue eyes,” and she eventually replaced Cogdell with a white woman who had poor job performance records and less experience and paid her more for it. Coincidentally (or not), the company’s been losing money consistently, showing a $12.4 million loss in the second quarter overall. Multiple plaintiffs are currently seeking a class-action lawsuit status for their ongoing case. [Jezebel]
- Ticket: Lantern Theater’s Julius Caesar Is Racist
- News: Why Don’t They Build New Grocery Stores in Black Neighborhoods?
- Shoppist: Saint Laurent Now Open in the King of Prussia Mall
- News: Gregory Clark’s “Science” Is Dangerous — and Wrong
- News: Will Banning N-Word Solve Slur Problem?
- News: Penn Students: Stop Being Schmucks!