Remember just hours ago, when we told you Ed Rendell might be mulling a political comeback? Maybe those reports were premature: In this soundbite age, politicians scrounging for re-election generally do not make public statements like the one Rendell just made about his grandson. “I’m not a wuss,” he told Maryland delegates to the Democratic National Convention. “So I can tell ya, he looks like an old Chinese man to me.” Rendell has been pushing the whole “not a wuss” meme for awhile, but it’s possible that one man’s “wussiness” is another’s “wise discretion.” What’s really funny is: We think most babies look like Ed Rendell. [BuzzFeed]
- News: Those Racy Emails: What They’re Saying
- News: Pa. Senate Approves Medical Marijuana
- News: Ed Rendell Is Using Bedbugs to Fight Brooklyn’s DNC Bid
- News: 3 Reasons This Is the Moment to Pass an LGBT Anti-Discrimination Bill
- News: The Cigarette Tax Is (Finally) Passed
- News: Pileggi: Fracking Tax Inevitable
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.