The much maligned former Fox 29 meteorologist John Bolaris is packing up his bags and going home, which might explain why he was in a glass case of emotion the other day. J-Bo owns a vacation home on Long Island and says that he’s done paying rent in Philly on top of his mortgage in New York. He says that he and his girlfriend, Erica Smitheman, will remain together and that she’ll bring his daughter Reina to visit him on some weekends. Bolaris says that he wants to stay in Philly, with everything that’s gone down over the past year or so, that no longer seems feasible. We bid thee farewell, J-Bo. Don’t forget to write. [Philly Gossip]
- Articles: John Bolaris and Stu Bykofsky on Gossip
- Ticket: Early Philly-Set Kevin Hart Sitcom The Big House Coming to DVD
- News: On Ottawa Shootings, TV News Got It Wrong. Again.
- News: Pa. Sports Anchor Punches Man Who Interrupts Live Shot
- News: Doctor Sues Stephanie Stahl, CBS 3 for Libel
- News: John Bolaris: I Was Attacked With a Stun Gun
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.