Businessman Jimmy Haslam—a minority stakeholder in the Pittsburgh Steelers since 2008—has agreed to terms on a deal that will make him the new owner of the Cleveland Browns. It has also been announced that former Eagles president Joe Banner will play a role in the new management group, though the exact capacity of his involvement hasn’t been released. Banner had previously said that he’d like to be a part of the ownership group. [NFL.com]
- News: Sorry Birds Fans, Eagles Won’t Win Super Bowl
- News: The Best Social Media Pics From the Taney Dragons Parade
- News: Will Penn State Keep Player Names on Football Jerseys?
- News: GIF: Chip Kelly Dives into a Pool of Ice Water
- The Scene: DeMeco Ryans Foundation: Fashion Kicks
- News: Maddow Loves Mo’Ne
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.