Businessman Jimmy Haslam—a minority stakeholder in the Pittsburgh Steelers since 2008—has agreed to terms on a deal that will make him the new owner of the Cleveland Browns. It has also been announced that former Eagles president Joe Banner will play a role in the new management group, though the exact capacity of his involvement hasn’t been released. Banner had previously said that he’d like to be a part of the ownership group. [NFL.com]
- News: Stephen A. Smith Apologizes for Domestic Violence Comments
- Articles: The Top Ten Philly Sports Announcers of All Time
- News: Phillies, Eagles in Top-50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises
- News: Why I’m Still Watching the World Cup
- News: WATCH: Phillies Announcers Move to Center Field, Catch Home Run
- News: I Can’t Unsee Kyle Beckerman’s Engagement Photos
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.