Philadelphia Police arrested 26 Occupy protesters outside of the Convention Center on Sunday evening. Bike officers reportedly corralled 20 men and six women who were blocking traffic on the 1200 block of Race Street. The protesters are in Philly for the five-day Occupy movement’s national gathering in Center City. The “National Gathering” is based at Independence Mall and was planned to overlap with Philly’s Fourth of July celebrations. [Philly.com]
- News: Outrage Over Philly Paramedic’s Anti-Cop Social Media Posts
- Property: One Liberty Place to Get Observation Deck
- News: Cops Kill Armed Man in Mayfair After Traffic Stop
- News: Protesters Decry Police Headquarters Move to West Philly
- News: After Ferguson, Nutter Sends Video Message to Police
- News: Man Found Guilty of Murdering Philly Cop
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.