Philadelphia Police arrested 26 Occupy protesters outside of the Convention Center on Sunday evening. Bike officers reportedly corralled 20 men and six women who were blocking traffic on the 1200 block of Race Street. The protesters are in Philly for the five-day Occupy movement’s national gathering in Center City. The “National Gathering” is based at Independence Mall and was planned to overlap with Philly’s Fourth of July celebrations. [Philly.com]
- Property: Chestnut Retail Space To Be Banana Republic Factory
- Property: Barclay Home of the Late Lady Bessborough
- Property: Growing Up in Center City in the ’70s and ’80s
- Articles: Growing Up in Philly: The Lost City
- News: ACLU: Philly Police Still Arresting People for Photographing Police
- Foobooz: This Fall: Center City Restaurant Week (With Some New Additions)
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.