Philadelphia Police arrested 26 Occupy protesters outside of the Convention Center on Sunday evening. Bike officers reportedly corralled 20 men and six women who were blocking traffic on the 1200 block of Race Street. The protesters are in Philly for the five-day Occupy movement’s national gathering in Center City. The “National Gathering” is based at Independence Mall and was planned to overlap with Philly’s Fourth of July celebrations. [Philly.com]
- Articles: CNN’s Jake Tapper on Growing Up in Philadelphia
- News: Meet Mike Whiter, Recipient of Philly’s First Pot Citation
- News: Police Cars Crash in Center City
- News: Cops Looking for Rittenhouse Bicycle Thieves
- Shoppist: First Look at Chestnut Street’s New UNIQLO
- News: Construction Firm Moving to Philadelphia
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.