As Philadelphia prepares for the return of its prodigal son, murmurs of Ryan Howard’s return are growing louder. In fact, the Big Piece might suit up in Clearwater on Thursday, which means he’d be back in the Bigs in time for the Phils homestand that begins on July 20th. He’ll be allotted a maximum of 20 days in the minors. So, for those of you keeping score at home, the Phils have won five of their last seven games, Carlos Ruiz leads the National League in batting average, Chase Utley returns to the team tonight, Howard might be back by July 20th, and Roy Halladay is on schedule in the rehabilitation of his throwing arm. This season ain’t over just yet. [Philly.com]
- Ticket: Philly Orchestra to Perform National Anthem at Tonight’s Phillies Game
- News: Cliff Lee Accurately Sums Up Phillies Season
- News: Phillies Play Bocce During Rain Delay
- G Philly: DO THIS: Gay Night at the Phillies
- News: Phillies, Eagles in Top-50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises
- News: Chase Utley Has Utley-Like All-Star Performance
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.