As Philadelphia prepares for the return of its prodigal son, murmurs of Ryan Howard’s return are growing louder. In fact, the Big Piece might suit up in Clearwater on Thursday, which means he’d be back in the Bigs in time for the Phils homestand that begins on July 20th. He’ll be allotted a maximum of 20 days in the minors. So, for those of you keeping score at home, the Phils have won five of their last seven games, Carlos Ruiz leads the National League in batting average, Chase Utley returns to the team tonight, Howard might be back by July 20th, and Roy Halladay is on schedule in the rehabilitation of his throwing arm. This season ain’t over just yet. [Philly.com]
- The Scene: Philadelphia History Museum City Social
- News: You Can Buy This Mike Schmidt Crown at Auction
- News: Phillies Deny Report of Big Changes
- News: Time Is Running Out for Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr.
- News: The 16 Best Phillies GIFs of 2014
- News: Ex-Phillie Mitch Williams Suing Deadspin, MLB Network
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.