Members of the Local 54 of the Unite-HERE casino workers union have announced their intention to stage a civil protest this evening at the Tropicana in Atlantic City. The workers are upset that the Tropicana Casino and Resort has been terminating pension plans. They’re alleging that the management of the Trop have been breaking the law by refusing to bargain in good faith. So, approximately 50 members of the Local 54 have notified police that they’ll sit in the street and block traffic entering the resort this evening. They’ll be asked to leave and—when they refuse—will be arrested. Tropicana president Tony Rodio said that the protest will just be, “about 10 minutes of street theater.” [Philly.com]
- News: Travel Channel: A.C. Has World’s ‘Best Beach Boardwalk’
- News: Should This Guy Still Be in Prison?
- News: Swiss Cheese Pervert Faces New Charges
- News: Pantsless Man Approaching Customers at Bensalem Acme
- News: DOJ Accuses PA Prisons of Misusing Solitary Confinement
- News: Officer’s Robbery Plea Could Be Tip of The Iceberg