The Miss Universe organization is reportedly seeking big bucks following former Miss Pennsylvania USA Sheena Monnin’s accusation that the Miss USA Pageant was fixed. The organization has filed two separate causes of action against Monnin. Defamation lawsuits were not filed in public court because Miss Universe contracts dictate that all litigation must be handled through private arbitration. [Daily News]
- News: New Jersey’s Dumbest Lawsuit Ever
- News: N.J. Sues Pizza Shop Over Garden State Parkway-Like Logo
- News: Philly Pays $1.4M for Posting Gun Permit Appeal Data Online
- News: Rapper Sued for Alleged Made in America Slap
- Foobooz: Farmers’ Cabinet Landlord Sues for More Than $1 Million
- News: Philly-Based Group Sues Universities for Speech Restrictions
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.