I’ll Have Another—the horse that won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness—has officially been scratched from Saturday’s Belmont Stakes. The horse’s trainer says it has suffered a pulled tendon. If I’ll Have Another had won at Belmont, it would have been the first horse to win the Triple Crown since 1978 when Affirmed won all three races. We’re pretty sure there’s a Smarty Jones joke in there somewhere. [6 ABC]
- Be Well Philly: Would You Try Acupuncture on Your Dog?
- Shoppist: You Can Now Adopt a Dog Through Free People
- News: Hundreds of Cats Being Removed from North Philly Home
- Shoppist: Shoppist’s Gift Of The Day
- News: Philly Pup Ellie Chosen as Portlandia‘s Ultimate Underdog
- Be Well Philly: Stressed? Here’s One Way to Lower Your Blood Pressure
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.