The state House of Representatives is supposed to vote on liquor privatization and the liberalization of beer sales next week. The plan would call for an implosion of the 620-store system and set 1,600 licenses for liquor and wine sales up for auction. It would also allow for places to sell beer in a variety of quantities, like an actual functional commercial establishment. A previous version of this idea was shot down by a House committee. Ready…set…hold your breath. [CBS News]
- News: Turnpike Officials Admit ‘Gaps’ in Response
- News: Comcast Today: Today Time Warner, Tomorrow Your Thermostat
- News: Mayor Nutter Tries Cigarette Tax to Fund Schools.
- News: Christie Polls Fourth at Conservative Gathering
- News: Tom Wolf’s Candidacy Gathers Momentum
- News: Believe It Or Not: PA Liquor Stores Get Out-of-State Customers