Today, June 6th, 2012, marks the launch of Uber’s town car service in Philadelphia. The service allows you to order a town car—for more than a cab, but less than the typical price of a town car—via an app on your smartphone (the future!). The app will give you the car’s ETA and bills you directly, so you don’t have to get cash, argue with a cabbie to use your card, or reluctantly allow a cabbie to swing you through the bank free-of-charge before taking you somewhere (seriously, that happened). [Curbed]
- News: Cheer Up, Philly: At Least Your Commutes Are Relatively Short
- News: Is it Wrong to Pay Alcoholics With Beer?
- News: Schuylkill Expressway to Be Slightly Less Lethal Come Christmas
- News: 21 Things Buzzfeed Says Philadelphians Are Afraid Of
- News: Running of the Santas Turned Fatal This Weekend
- News: WATCH: Truck Falls into Sinkhole in NoLibs